Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Calm Before The Storm

We have had a pretty relaxing 4th of July weekend, Ken and I are enjoying laying low and relaxing now as we know we won't have so much free time soon enough!

We have our flights for both trips booked, and we have our accommodations set for Moscow for both trips! We are excited as instead of a hotel room, we rented an apartment to stay at while we are there. We will be using the same apartment for both trips, so we can scope it out next weekend and be extra prepared for it when we go back with Angelina. It will be nice to have a kitchen and living area separate from our bedroom. The extra space will be great especially since we need to spend 3 extra days in Moscow that we were not planning for. Our apartment has free Internet access too, so there should be plenty of blog posts!

Our passports are in Manhattan getting visa's glued into them, I expect to receive them by Tuesday the latest. And, of course, we have ordered our flat, clean, crisp, non-written on new bills for use while in Russia.

Other than this, we went shopping today and got our toiletries re-stocked, we also are going to be getting some simple - easy to pack food like oatmeal and microwave popcorn for our apartment. Oh, we got a new outlet power converter since I had an incident with our first one and my hair dryer in May. I should have listened to my always-right husband and just bought a Russian hair dryer while we were on our first trip, as I can't find any adapter that can run a hair dryer here...

So with all of that being said, we are leaving in 4 days and I think that we are ready! If we could only fast forward to August 2nd.

2 comments:

Mrs. K said...

I just got to the computer for the first time in over a week, but every day it seemed, my mind wandered to thoughts of you and Angelina, which to me usually means that something is up or will be soon. Congrats on the court date and the final steps to parenthood. Can't wait to meet her and hear all about how smoothly everything went. I know it will... Take care. Barbara

Scott & Tammi said...

I'm so happy for you both and look forward to sharing your journey through your posts! Have a wonderful trip!!

Tammi