Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving & My Little Turkey


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! To celebrate this Thanksgiving with our daughter makes me think of all of the wonderful people we are grateful for. Without our friends and family we could not have endured the ups and downs of our adoption adventure. Without a young birth mother in Russia we would never have been able to become Angelina's mama and papa. To say that I am thankful for this woman who I will never meet would be an understatement. And of course, even through all of her new terrible two behavior, I am beyond grateful for my little girl. She has changed our lives and filled us with so much happiness and joy.

Now, a little turkey story. Angelina and I were playing upstairs in her room yesterday. I needed to start some laundry so I closed some of the doors of the other rooms. You see, if I leave Angelina alone and she does not want to be left alone, she will go to places where she should not be and get into things she should not be getting into. So, laundry was in and I started to make my way back upstairs. When I turned the corner, I notice that the bathroom door was open. My first thought was: great, there is a block in the toilet. I look around and see Angelina running into her room. I call her name, she turns around with the biggest grin on her face. In her hand, she is holding the m&m Tupperware that we keep in the bathroom for her potty prizes. She thought she was pretty clever. I did too, but did not show it! Little turkey.

I hope that everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. I think of all of the people I know who will be celebrating Thanksgiving for the first time with their newly adopted children, and it brings me much joy.

1 comment:

Lori & Michael said...

Hi Adrian,

Angelina is so cute and is getting so much hair! I hope you all had a great first Thanksgiving together.

Lori