Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Home 3 Months!

Angelina has been home for three months now. As each day passes, we fall more in love with her! She truly is becoming not just our adopted daughter, but rather, just our daughter. She has been changing so much over the past few weeks. We are laughing so much at all of the new things she tries to do, and are enjoying watching her learn. So I thought that I'd re-cap some changes that we have seen in her.

For me, it has been a somewhat frustrating month on the attachment front. I have felt that our attachment process was becoming stagnant. I spent many days over the past few weeks frustrated with my parenting and our attachment progress. Though, as the month has moved on, I have seen some great attachment breakthroughs. Angelina has learned that when she gets a boo boo, I will kiss it and make her feel better. So, I have been kissing fingers, feet, knees, forehead, etc... non-stop for two weeks straight. It would not be inaccurate to say that if she feels a draft on her thumb, she holds it up to me and says "bu bu".

Also, Angelina has been wanting us to hold her more, and is becoming more involved in the holding process. She will try to climb up us and cling on to us when we try to put her down. This is certainly a great milestone! And, just over the past few nights, while I am rocking Angelina, she has been turning into me to get closer and snuggle more. She practically made me cry on Sunday when she did that for the first time. Still, we have miles to go. Angelina still is very comfortable with strangers, I am just hoping that my perseverance will pay off eventually in this area.

On the glasses front, Angelina is doing remarkably well. She asks for them in the morning and after her nap, and 95% of the time keeps them on. When she does not like what I have to say to her, or if I am not giving her enough attention, then off the glasses go. I do feel that she really can see a difference in her own vision and that fuels her to want to wear them. Thank goodness!

One of the best things that has happened over the past month is that I taught Angelina the sign for "potty"! She loves this sign, and has been using it very well. In fact, I have only changed one poop-filled diaper in almost 4 weeks! Yeah! By no means are we close to being potty-trained, but Angelina certainly knows what the sign means and when she gives it to me, she will usually do something. So, I am so happy on this front!

Check Spelling
So, things are going well on our home front for now. I am glad to have gotten 3 months under our belts before the upcoming holiday season. I will leave a few pictures taken from this week.


1 comment:

Lori & Michael said...

Oh, she is such a darling. I love the photos. Happy 3 months home!

Lori