Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Belated Independance Day!



I remember a year ago on the fourth of July, my stomach was a ball of nerves. Just a few days from that point, Ken and I would be making our second trip to Russia to face a judge and ask her for the greatest gift any couple could receive…a beautiful, healthy child.

This fourth of July was just as memorable, but, gladly, for many different reasons! To celebrate this holiday with Lina, who has been an American citizen for less than a year was amazing! I could not help but beam when she was holding her American flag while strolling to the fireworks. I held back a tear when she laid on me while watching her first fireworks in amazement. Though I know she did not feel the same pride as I, I am excited to one day share with her just how significant this day was to us as a family!

Of course, this holiday would not be the same without the great food we ate, the glow-in-the-dark necklaces and bracelets and strawberry shortcake. All of which were alive and well at our celebration!




4 comments:

Christine and Stephen said...

Adrian:

I LOVE LOVE the last picture of you and Lina ... what a moment to capture!!! Can you believe what a difference a year made ... she looks amazing and I shed a tear just thinking of the 3 of you celebrating her first independence day!!!

Christine

Melissa said...

Hi Adrian, I ran into your blog through Christine's. I am a fellow WHFC adopting parent. We just brought Colby home in Feb this year. What a journey we have taken.

Your little girl is so adorable. I love the pink glasses. We think Colby might be getting a pair too. THere was a question with his eyesight in Russia. Did you take her to a special eye doctor? I look forward to reading more about your little girl.
Melissa

Sharon and Patrick said...

Adrian,
Sounds like you had a great 4th! Love the last pic of Lina, her eyes wide open with amazement!
Sharon

Ginger said...

Hi Adrian, I was given your info from WHFC. My husband and I were just placed in the Bryansk region on Feb 15th. Now the wait for that phone call... Thanks for posting your Adoption adventure. It helps to understand the process and of course, your daughter is beautiful!