Monday, September 28, 2009

Coming Full Circle

This past week, we were lucky enough to be able to speak at our adoption agency. We were guest speakers at an introduction meeting with prospective adoptive parents. I was so honored to do this for our agency. We had an excellent experience with them, and are so blessed to have brought home Angelina. This meeting was exactly two years from when Ken and I sat confused but excited in our introduction meeting, longingly looking at the family in the front with beautiful children. Truly, it was a full circle experience for us.

With that being said, it is bittersweet for me to say that this will be my last blog post. Being a parent, teacher and graduate student have filled all of my free time, and I just can’t continue to do our blog justice any longer.

I started this blog as a way to keep my friends and family updated on our journey, during our (what seemed like forever) wait for the phone call. I never knew then what doors would open for me because of this blog. I am so thankful for all of the support I have received from my blogging friends. Truly, I would not have been able to get through this process without their kind words, supportive comments and funny anecdotes. I love cheering on my friends who are going through the process currently, and know that Lina will benefit from the Russian connections we have made over the past year and a half.

I want to take this moment to thank all of my family and friends who have helped us along during our adoption. Whether it was the excitement from our families during our paperwork stage, or kind comments from fellow bloggers once we brought Lina home, I will forever be grateful for this support.

And, for now, we will just keep enjoying life as a family of three.
Da svidaniya!

5 comments:

Scott & Tammi said...

Updating the blog sure is a lot of work! I have loved following Angelina's progress and getting to know your family. However, I also know that we will continue to communicate and see each other and that is comforting. Even though you are a busy lady, don't forget to e-mail!
Tammi

Melissa said...

What a wonderful experience, speaking at one of those intro meetings. That is something I hope to do one day as well. What a difference a few years make! I wish you and your family much fun and happiness in your future. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Melissa

Christine and Stephen said...

Adrian:

I am so glad that I found you and your blog ... at times it has inspired me and kept me going on this never ending process of adoption!!!! I have enjoyed watching Lina grow since those first pictures and she has gotten so big and beautiful since coming home!!! I know we will continue to have contact but wanted you to know that your blog has meant so much to me on this roller coaster ride to having a family!!

((HUGS))
Christine

Sharon and Patrick said...

Hi Adrian,
I was so gratful to have you as my contact person with our agency. You have been a big help to me. I enjoyed getting to know you and your family through blogging.Lina has grown so much.I have enjoyed all of her pitures and following your journey.As I type this from Moscow, soon there will be one more Bryansk baby coming home! Olga was thrilled to have the pictures you sent and loved the one of all three of her children,{as she calls them)She even showed the Judge today..Thanks for everything we will keep in touch and get our kids together in near future. My best to you and your family, Love Sharon

Kerry said...

Angelina is beautiful. I am trying to adopt in Bryansk currently and would love to have your email address! Please email me.
Kerry karyo69@aol.com