Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Great Surprise!

On Thursday morning, as I was getting ready to leave for school, Ken was acting very, very strange. I needed to get out of the house, get to the store and buy some treats for my students, and Ken just would not let me leave the house. I was ready to kill him!!! I arrived to school just to be summoned to the teachers room for a staff meeting. Great. I was walking down with a colleague of mine, complaining that I did not have time for an impromptu staff meeting, opened the teacher's room door, and found a baby shower waiting for me....they got me. It was a great surprise!
I was very overwhelmed with the generosity of my staff. They really went all out for Ken, Angelina and I. We received many great toys, clothes, also a car seat, and the cutest table and chair set. (I had my eyes out for one of these for a while, so I was so pleased. I was pretty rushed in the morning, as we had students coming in, but after school, it was great to read through all of the cards. I am blown away by all of the well wishes and support that has been sent our way. Thank you Hillside Middle School Staff!

A picture of the gifts from my school shower.

No comments: