Monday, July 28, 2008

Got Her!

It's official, Ken and I are new parents!

We arrived in Bryansk around midnight last night, and because Olga had a lot of paperwork to process and because she wanted to let us rest, our plan was to head to the Karachev Baby Home around noon.

So, we left the hotel, but had to make a few stops to the people who process visas and passports. We finally made it to the baby home around 1:30, just to find that Angelina was sleeping, and not ready! This was ok though, as we had to complete some more paperwork in the town of Karachev, so off we went to get some more signatures, etc... Finally, we went back to the orphanage, we were brought into Angelina's eating room. We saw her and the other babies in her group sitting around 4 tables all eating, feeding themselves with tablespoons that are far too big for me even...Angelina had a face full of yogurt! It was very cute. When she was done eating, she was brought into us. She ran right to me and gave me a big hug, and wanted to dance! We were pressed for time, so the orphanage doctor helped me change her and just like that, Ken and I were parents!

Angelina seemed to enjoy the 40 minute car ride, she lauged and smiled all the way home. We discovered that she blows kisses very well, and we did that for a while in the backseat. Around 5:30, we finally got back to Bryansk. Ken, Angelina and I had some fun play time in our hotel room. We feed her some dinner, which she ate like a champ! After every few bites, she would open her mouth and say "ahhhh" to show us she was all done and ready for more. She also mastered a sippy cup today. She is a fast learner!

After dinner, Ken and I took Angelina on her first stroller ride. We think that she liked it, she held on tight to a toy in one hand, and my finger in the other hand while Ken pushed the stroller. When we got back, I wanted to give Angelina a bath, but was worried after reading so many other's experiences with the first bath. Angelina loved her bath! She had some squeezy bath toys that she played with and let me clean her all up! It was such a joy. It took Ken and I about 15 minutes of rubbing her back before she was out for the night. Now, she is in her make-shift crib put together by two arm chairs and lots of sheets for padding, with two fingers in her mouth.

Adorable.

Ken and I could not have asked for a better first day with our daughter! She is just perfect, and we love her so very much! We feel so blessed to have been given the privilege to raise Angelina, and we are on cloud nine tonight!

My computer is dead, I'm not sure how this has happened, but it won't even turn on. Unfortunately, the computers at the Bryansk, Russia post office (where I am currently sitting) do not have camera-to-computer capabilities. So, no pictures. You will have to wait for Wednesday when we get back to Moscow.

3 comments:

Lori & Michael said...

I am so happy to read your post! I can so relate to those first few days in Bryansk :) Glad your first day with Angelina was so amazing. Now you have so many more wonderful memories to look forward to. I can't wait to get our Bryansk babies together when you are back and settled!

Lori

http://lorimichaeladoptionjourney.blogspot.com/

Scott & Tammi said...

Congratulations!!! Your first day sounds so wonderful!!! I can't wait to follow behind you and then get together for the Bryansk Babies group too!!!!!!
Have a great week!
Tammi

Mrs. K said...

There's nothing more to say...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I'm sooooo happy for all of you. Take care and take a few deep breath - you're parents!!!