Tuesday, July 29, 2008

She does, indeed, cry!

Ken, Angelina and I had another great day in Bryansk. First, she slept like a log all night long. We put her to bed at 8:00, and she woke up at 7:00! I could not believe it! I woke up at 4:30, because I wanted to be awake when Angelina got up, and Ken was awake various hours through the night making sure she was ok, and breathing normally. Nervous parents, much?!

Our morning was good, we played in the hotel room and went for another stroller ride around town. Angelina then took a three hour nap! (so did mommy) Olga picked us up around 4:00, we had to get some photos done for Angelina's visa application. We did that, then we took her to the nice Italian restaurant in town. After dinner, we had another successful bath time, and another great and easy falling asleep!

I was commenting to Ken yesterday that we have never seen or heard Angelina cry. We know that she is a very happy-go-lucky baby. Still, I was uneasy about this. I was thinking that her lack of crying was an effect of living in orphanage care. Today, however, I took out this cute ladybug brush, I wanted to make what little hair she does have cute for her visa picture. Well, when I was done, she took a death grip on the brush. I took the brush from Angelina to put her coat on, and on came the tears!!! I was so happy! I quickly gave back the brush and all was right with the world once again.

Tomorrow morning, we are driving back to Moscow with Olga and her husband. I am so excited that she offered to drive us instead of having to wake up at midnight tonight to get the train. We pick up Angelina's paperwork at 9:00, then drive the 4 hours to the city and our apartment! I can't wait to get back to an apartment with a full kitchen, wi-fi, and lots of extra space. (A hotel rug can get boring even for a toddler!)

No comments: