Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hello from Angelina

Hi new friends and family. Mommy is super tired, so I thought that I'd give this blogging thing a try.

Things here in Moscow are going good. My new mama and papa seem to be nice. I like papa the best, he has these cool glasses and a scratchy face. He can also lift me up and schoop me down in all sorts of ways. Here are a few pictures of him and I blowing kisses.



Mama is ok, I guess. She gives me good food, and feeds it to me herself. Doesn't she know that I was already feeding myself at the orphanage? She just mutters on about some "a" word I hear a lot...um...attachment, that's it. Who knows...I just open up and enjoy the new yummy foods. She does let me use the sippy cup (I really love that thing!) and eat toast on my own.


I really do like playing with these two people, but sometimes I like to see how much I can get away with. When I do this, I usually hear "nyet", which makes me cry and throw things. But mama and papa are there to hug me and make me feel better.

I passed the American Embassy doctor's exam today. The nice doctor came really early, 6:30 am! Mama had to wake me up! He said that I was healthy, he picked me up and called me a "tank"! What does that mean?! Tomorrow mama and papa have to take me to the Embassy and have an interview, then on Saturday, they say we can go home.


Mama and Papa took me for a walk this morning. I rode in the stroller, then walked for a little bit, then wanted to be carried. I chased a pigeon, I loved that! We took a break at Starbucks. Mama said that the coffee is overpriced, especially in Moscow, but it feels like home.


Paka Paka from Angelina!

4 comments:

Scott & Tammi said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!! I have so enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading your blog. Not long now and you will be home! Congratulations!!!!!!
Tammi

Nicole said...

Congrats to all three of you! She is precious! I think we were at the 8 (5) doctor medical together. It is wonderful to see such a great happy ending!
Nicole

Lori & Michael said...

She is so cute! Sounds like she is loving being with her mommy and daddy :) Congrats and safe travels home!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Dear Angelina: Can I call you Angel - which you certainly are! - or maybe even Lina?! Your new middle name is perfect. It would make your great granny very happy indeed. Thanks for taking the time to write. I am so glad you are enjoying yourself. Oh, I wanted to be sure to compliment you on your wardrobe. Mommy and Daddy knew just what to bring. You are so photogenic, just like them. Enjoy your first airplane ride. We can't wait to meet you, finally. Much love, your great aunt and uncle....Suzie and Gordon