Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer in the City

I was excited to head north to Moscow to get out of the New England heat and humidity. I was thinking wrong, though. It was a very hot day outside in Moscow today, just like a typical New Hampshire July afternoon. Ken and I did our best to stay cool, but in a city of no air conditioners, it was tough!

We went back to Old Arbat Street today. We ate at a place called my-my's (pronounced moo-moo's). It is cafeteria-style Russian cuisine, with a cow motif running throughout. It was cute and the food was good and cheap, so we were happy to eat there. I also did have my Starbuck's iced coffee...it was delicious, a little taste of home!

Here is a picture of me posing with the cow and my Starbucks outside of my-my's. Ken felt too ridiculous to pose with the cow, so I took one for the team!

Olga is picking us up at 5:30 today, in about 2 hours. From there the three of us will travel by train to Bryansk. We will be checking into our hotel around 1:00 am, then waking up early to go visit Angelina before our court hearing. Our next post will have the result of court! I can't wait to share the news!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aid&Ken:
I'm not sure which I like the best, you standing next to the COW,or you with the MOOSE hat on. Dad and I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow and we wish you both all the luck in the world. Enjoy your time with Angelina. Just think 20 more days and your dreams will come true.

LOVE
MOM&DAD

Julie said...

Good luck with everything tomorrow Aid and Ken! We'll be thinking of you!
Love,
Julie and Jamus