Friday, September 19, 2008

Baking (or taste-testing) With Mama

Being an avid baker, I've volunteered to recently make some cakes and desserts for family get-togethers. There has been a sharp learning curve while trying to bake with a toddler at your feet. I have smartened up over the past few weeks and realized exactly where I can position a chair and have Angelina stand on it to watch me cook/bake and have it be safe. Now, this certainly beats having her at my feet either whining/crying or wanting to be picked up because she does not like the sound of the mixer.

So, this morning, Angelina stood happily on her chair playing with measuring cups while I make a birthday cake. Since she was such a great helper, I let her quality control some chocolate frosting.

I think she liked it:

2 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

That last picture is TOO CUTE for words! :-) Makes me want some homemade chocolate frosting too!

Christine and Stephen said...

LOVE that face!!!!