Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finally, She Is Starting To Get It...

I still rock Lina at bedtime, mostly because its the one time of day she will just relax in my arms and not want to be on the go. We usually spend 15-20 minutes together before I put her to bed for the night. Over the past few weeks, she has started something new which has just been melting my heart.

She will tap herself on her chest and say, “Leeenaa”. Then she will tap me on the chest and say, “Mama.” Then, she will point at the door and say, “Papa”. (Ken is out of the room at this point) She will do this about 5 times in a row until she is content with herself, then will settle in and enjoy being rocked.

I think Lina is finally starting to understand her place, along with ours, in the family. What a great feeling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aid - that's beautiful, brought tears to my eyes, is indeed a breakthrough for you and Lina. Congratulations!

Christine and Stephen said...

Yay... that is so sweet and I know a milestone for you and Ken!!

Christine

Lori & Michael said...

That is so sweet. What a beautiful milestone. Congrat!

Julie said...

Aww! That just made me cry! So sweet. :)