Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Counting and Spring

Things have been pretty busy in our home lately. Between Ken being in the thick of tax season and I settling back into the school year, there has not been time left over for blogging. So, apologies for the lapse in posting.

Since my last post, we celebrated seven months home with Angelina. We are getting the biggest kick out of Lina’s newest skill. Since Lina came home, whenever we would walk up or down stairs, I would count them out loud. Now that she has become more vocal, she now counts stairs with me. However, it does not stop there. Lina has turned into a counting machine lately! She loves to count on her fingers, count the bites of food that she eats, and counts the pieces of food on her plate. Currently, she is counting from 1-13, pretty successfully most of the time. I am working on trying to capture this on video, but it has proven to be difficult as when Lina sees the camera, her hands go up in front of her face. Little turkey.

On another note, we are starting to see many signs of spring here in New Hampshire! We have had so much snow I was wondering if this was ever going to happen. I am so excited to get Lina outside this spring. She has grown a ton and has gotten so much stronger since she has been home, I know that she is going to enjoy running around and playing on her swing set so much more now than in the fall.

This Sunday it was actually nice enough to go outside without a hat and even with a spring jacket on! Here are some pictures of Lina enjoying her first ice cream stand visit of the season!

4 comments:

Lori & Michael said...

Lina is so cute! I love the pictures. It's amazing how much they changed over the winter. Aaden can do so much more now and is enjoying being outside again.

Christine and Stephen said...

What a cutie!!! That's great she is doing the counting... she's getting a jump on everyone else in kindergarten :0!!!

Christine

Scott & Tammi said...

Wow...she looks os darling!! Nicholas is also loving the warm weather! Glad to see you back at posting!! We love seeing her progress!
Tammi

Sharon and Patrick said...

Adrian,
I always have a smile on my face when I read your updates about Lina. She is a cutie..
Sharon :-)