Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In The Sandbox

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed that while outside Angelina tries with great effort not to get dirty. She will fall or topple over and will hold out her hands for me to wipe them off before she gets back up, etc... This is why when I took her to the sandbox at the playground yesterday, it took her a while to warm up to it. I think that she was actually peeved at me because I put sand in her very clean pails. She dumped the pails out immediately and did not put sand in them for the rest of the time.

After about 20 minutes, Angelina started to investigate the sand a bit closer. I love when she is studying something intently, she grows quiet and is 100% focused on whatever she is interested in. Then, to my shock and surprise, this happened:



Well, that's my daughter! She refuses fresh fruits and vegetables because of the texture, but as you can see in the video, went back for seconds on the gritty sand. Lovely.


Here is an "after" picture with Angelina's sand mustache.

4 comments:

Scott & Tammi said...

How cute!!! I enjoyed seeing her investigating with the sand. Wait till she watches that video when she is older!

Tammi

Mrs. K said...

She's a keeper Adrian... Other milestones - waves, dressing up for Halloween and realizing people give you candy for showing up, and sitting on Santa's lap. She's really at a great age. Everything is ready and waiting to be explored and everything to her is a wonder. You can see the wheels turning at warp speed in their little heads and the eyes just speaking volumes. Ah, the good old days... Now the tongues and fingers go at warp speed(telephone/texting/hogging the TV remote), and yes, the eyes still speak volumes (the "OMG Mom! I can't believe you just did/said that!" and the good old - "You've SO got to be kidding me."

Can't wait to meet her. I'll miss you at school. I know you'll miss Hillside almost as much as we will miss having you there.

Take care and give Angelina a big hug from me.

Barb

Susan said...

Artem did the same thing in Cancun, we couldn't get the kid to stop eating the sand. Let's hope it's just a phase. :)

Anonymous said...

An excellent post, providing something good to read,it’s just good to came across the post on hand sets and its features.
[url=http://www.bestdigitalcamerasreview.net]Sony Camera Reviews[/url]